Travelling with children under the age of 18 should in addition to their passports, carry
Unabridged (full) birth certificate more info… [PDF] The embassy recommends that letters of consent referred to in paragraph 3 be authenticated.
Attention Czech Nationals
Kindly note that the Namibian Embassy in Berlin, Germany will henceforth be responsible for bilateral relation with the Czech Republic.
The Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Vienna, Austria will therefore cease to issue visas to Czech Nationals after 01.April 2017.
All Namibian Nationals seeking consular services are also advised to contact the Namibian Embassy in Berlin, Germany as of 01.April.2017
Josefina Hamutoko, a PhD student at the University of Namibia, won a national award for scientists under 30 for her study of groundwater recharge in the parched aquifers of the Cuvelai-Etosa Basin. For her study, she used an isotope analysis machine provided by the IAEA in 2010.
INVITATION TO THE INVEST IN NAMIBIA CONFERENCE, 8-9 NOVEMBER 2016
The Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Austria is inviting all interested business people and companies to the Invest in Namibia Conference under the theme “Promoting Investment for Inclusive Growth and Industrialization” on November 8 and 9, 2016 hosted by the Government of Namibia.
The conference will present Namibia’s economic potential and business opportunities in the following sectors:
- low-Cost Housing
- Manufacturing and
- Infrastructure Development
- Nam Exports 6% of Its Power Generation
- Withholding Tax Explained
- Champions League Continues Amidst Uncertainty
- Calitz Causes an Upset At Junior Tennis Tournament
- Nida Top Job Appointment Questioned
- U.S.$76,000 Fraud Trial to Start in November
- Safe Motherhood Initiative Launched
- ‘Windhoek Could Run Out of Water in Two Years’
- Namibia to Issue Visas On Arrival to Selected Countries
- Mineral Beneficiation Strategy Workshop Underway
- 207 Households Still Use Bucket Toilets in //Kharas
- Bush Feed Investigated
- Govt Accepts Blunder On Timber Harvest
- Warriors Regroup for Bafana
- Namibia Crash Out in Spain
The Namibian Constitution makes provision for freedom of speech and expression, including freedom of the press and other media. In spite of its small population, the country has varied, lively commercial press.
- Allgemeine Zeitung – http://www.az.com.na/
- Informante – http://www.informante.web.na/
- Insight Magazine – http://www.insight.com.na/
- Namibian – http://www.namibian.com.na/
- Namibia Economist – http://www.economist.com.na/
- New Era – http://www.newera.com.na/
- Namibia Press Agency – http://www.nampa.org
- Republikein – http://www.republikein.com.na
- Southern Times – http://www.southerntimesafrica.com
- Windhoek Observer – http://www.observer.com.na/
The Namibian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) has a television channel and radio services that broadcasts in English and indigenous languages.
Privately owned television channels and privately owned radio stations also operate freely throughout the country.