This exhibition was planned and organized by the Austria-Namibia Friendship Association, to coincide with Namibia’s celebration of 30 years of independence in March 2020. Covid-19 disrupted the plans a bit, and the exhibition was eventually opened on 8 October 2020. Once again, viewing is currently interrupted, and we invite you to enjoy this virtual viewing.
CHECKLIST ON THE NEW PROTOCOLS ON FLYING TO NAMIBIA
- Test results valid requirements on entry and related measures [PDF]
- Health Questionnaire to be downloaded at www.namibiatourism.com.na
- Covid19 Test Results not older than 72 hours
- An accommodation which is approved by the Namibia Tourism Board. Also available at namibiatourism.com.na
- On arrival at the Hosea Kutako International Airport, and clearance thereof, the tourists will be allowed to proceed to the accommodation of his/her choice as prebooked. The tourists can proceed to the next destination according the itinerary which he/she came with.
- The tourist is expected to be available for swabbing on the fifth day of stay in Namibia.
- On the 7th day, the tourist is expected to be reachable to receive the swabbing results
- If results are found to be negative, the tourist may continue to enjoy the holiday in the country but if the results come out positive, the tourist will be taken to an isolation centre identified by the Ministry of Health and Social Services and be treated at own expense.
The Embassy wishes you a pleasant and memorable stay in the Republic of Namibia, and stay healthy.
Namibia actively participating at the 63rd Session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs
Voting Abroad & Voting of Sea Going Personal 13th November 2019
As you might be aware, Namibia will be going to the Polls for the Presidential and National Assembly Elections on the 27th of November 2019 in Namibia and the 17th of November 2019 in all Namibian Missions abroad.
In light of the above all Namibian citizens who are 18 years and older and are in possession of a valid ordinary green Namibian passport, Namibian Identity Document, or Namibian Drivers’ License are urged to exercise their democratic right and participate in the upcoming Elections.(more…)
Hon. Lidwina Shapwa, in the middle speaking at the side event, Women in the Southern Africa Region, during CCPCJ 28th session in Vienna, 20 to 24 May2019
Hon. Lidwina N. Shapwa, Deputy Minister of Justice, Mr. Isaaskar VK. Ndjoze, Executive Director, Ministry of Justice, H.E. Nada Kruger, Namibian Ambassador to Austria, Ms. Sevelina Ashipala and Ms. Helena Itamba from the Namibian Embassy, attending the CCPCJ side-event known as “Towards a Regional Response to Violence against Women in the Southern Africa Region”.
Commissioner – General of the Namibian Collocational Service, second from the right, speaking at the CCPCJ side-event, known as High level of the Group of Friends of the United Nations Standard Minimum rules for the treatment of Prisoners to apply Nelson Mandela rules.