Visa on arrival:
Citizens of the following countries and territories can now obtain a VISA ON ARRIVAL(to be paid for in Namibia) at Hosea Kutako International Airport for up to 90 days:
- Czech Republic
Entry and visa requirements:
• Passport valid for a minimum period of 6 month;
• Sufficient means of sustenance: proof of hotel booking or Invitation letter from person(s) inviting the visitor or tour operator;
• Return Ticket;
• Medical insurance covering period of stay;
• Completion of visa application form;
• Yellow fever certificate if applicant has been in yellow fever endemic countries;
• Payment of the prescribed fees; and
• Any supporting document in case of workshop ETC.
The cost of the visa on arrival is N$1080 or about USD 71, depending on exchange rate. Please note that the payment must be done in Namibia!
Kindly note that the visa on arrival for selected countries is meant for tourist/visitors only. For any other purpose, please submit your application with all relevant documentation to the relevant office.
VISA at the Airport
Citizens of the following countries and territories can now obtain a VISA ON ARRIVAL at Hosea Kutako International Airport for up to 90 days:
Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia.
Attention Czech Nationals : Kindly note that the Namibian Embassy in Berlin, Germany is responsible for bilateral relation with the Czech Republic. Tel: +49 30 254 0950 , www.namibia-botschaft.de
| Visa at the Embassy – Requirements for TOURIST/ BUSINESS/ TRANSIT/ ENTRY VISAS:
- Filled and signed application form [PDF]
- Original passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and containing at least 3 blank pages for visa endorsements.
- Passport photo one (1) EU size attached with paperclip to the application
- Copy of round trip ticket or flight itinerary indicating your trip in and out of Namibia
- Proof of accommodation reservation for duration of stay in Namibia
- Payment confirmation for a visa – Please pay before you apply! Fees and Bank Account (click here)
- Documentation detailing the purpose and duration of the visit e.g. for holiday, sport, conferences, business etc.
- Travelling with children: The embassy recommends that letters of consent referred to in paragraph 3 be authenticated: [PDF]
- Group bookings: invitation letter must contain a list of names of all group members
- Multiple Entry: Travel Plan/Itinerary (visas will be granted on the basis of reasonable ground such as for those applicants who wish to re-enter Namibia for further tourism purpose, or in case of visit for business purpose)
- Business Visa: invitation letter from the Company in Namibia or NGO giving the applicant’s name and details of their visit
- Transit passengers [PDF]
- Seamen on vessels [PDF]
Submission and collection procedure:
Processing Time: 7 working days , Express Service: 3 working days
All correspondence and documents should be in english only!
Please complete ALL sections of the application form and sign it. Be sure to enclose ALL required documentation and fees. Incomplete (or incorrect) information or missing documentation (and/or fees) will result in a delay in the processing of your application!
- Information for Foreign Media [PDF]
- Bringing Firearms/Ammunition into Namibia:
- Application form [PDF] , , , NAPHA Namibia Professional Hunting Association
- VACCINATION requirement for travelers to and from Namibia: all travelers from the countries listed are required to have up to date vaccination status and should update their Yellow Fever vaccination 10 days in advance before traveling to the Republic of Namibia and must carry their vaccination cards along. The immigration officers will be required to check all travelers having their required documents. Please note that Namibia is not a Yellow Fever endemic country. No Single case has ever been reported. List of Yellow Fever Endemic Zone.pdf
- Malaria shots are advised (malaria is endemic in northern Namibia)
- The maximum of ninety (90) days per year for both leisure and business visit may be taken once or in part
- Visa fee is non-refundable
- Visitors with tourist visas are not allowed to engage in any employment while in the country (including voluntary work)
- Work/Study/Research permit should be applied for in their country of residence prior to entry in Namibia, www.mha.gov.na
Dear applicants: you are kindly advised to check your visa before departure to ensure that the purpose, period and number of entries are correct.
| VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR HOLDERS OF DIPLOMATIC, OFFICIAL PASSPORTS
Attention! Kindly note the new fees as of 1 February 2018.
|VISA ( max. 90 days per annum)
|| FEES – New fees as of 1 February 2018
TOURIST Single Entry Visa
TOURIST Multiple Entry Visa
|BUSINESS Single Entry Visa
BUSINESS Multiple Entry Visa
|| € 50.00
|NB: Visa fee is non-refundable
NEW – Transfers and Payments in the EU
According to the new EU Directive 2015/2366 (Payment Service Directive 2/PSD2), the bank will introduce a new payment system on 13.1.2018. The most relevant changes are that ‘Shared Fees’ (SHARE) are obligatory between payer and beneficiary in the European Economic Area (EEA), in particular for foreign currency transactions.
Applicants should therefore make EURO TO EURO transfers only, since banks charge the same as domestic transfers, carrying no additional charges.
Cash deposits into the Embassy account in Austrian Bank Austria Branches can only be made upon presenting a Bank Austria Card.
Please indicate on transfer:
1. NAME of Applicant’s / Travel Agent
2. TYPE of Visa ( Single/Multiple , Tourist/Business etc)
3. COUNTRY of Applicant’s
If several people are travelling together payment can be done on ONE PAYMENT transfer.
Bank account details are as follows:
Embassy of the Republic of Namibia
Unicredit Bank Austria AG
IBAN: AT 07 1100 0032 7021 9300
SWIFT /BIC CODE: BKAUATWW
(All bank charges should be borne by the applicant)
Please ensure that you have all the required documents before making the deposit, as NO REFUNDS can be given. The applicant should submit the receipt wit their Application forms.
VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR HOLDERS OF DIPLOMATIC, OFFICIAL PASSPORTS [PDF]
1. Completed Visa application form (PDF)
2. Valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and at least 3 or more blank pages (passport must accompany the application)
3. Two (2) colour passport photograph
4. An official letter from the applicant’s Diplomatic Mission/Organisation. This “Note Verbale” should state the full identity of the visa applicant and the grounds for him/her holding a diplomatic /official passport (position within the diplomatic Mission or family links with an official), the full details of the travel document , and finally the purposes and dates of the stay in Namibia
5. Visa is issued at no cost
- Staff members of the UN travelling on UN Laisser Passer ( UNLP), and all types of UN passport (light blue/Red) holders are EXEMPT from Visa requirements when travelling to the Republic of Namibia on official business.
- Diplomats and their dependants coming from countries that are exempted from visa requirements need NOT apply for visa from the Namibian Missions abroad.