Clarification of entry requirements into Namibia: Public notice – Entry requirements COVID 26 August 2022
Visa on arrival:
Citizens of the following countries and territories can now obtain a VISA ON ARRIVAL(to be paid for in Namibia) at Hosea Kutako International Airport for up to 90 days:
- Czech Republic
Entry and visa requirements:
• Passport valid for a minimum period of 6 month;
• Sufficient means of sustenance: proof of hotel booking or Invitation letter from person(s) inviting the visitor or tour operator;
• Return Ticket;
• Medical insurance covering period of stay;
• Completion of visa application form;
• Yellow fever certificate if applicant has been in yellow fever endemic countries;
• Payment of the prescribed fees; and
• Any supporting document in case of workshop ETC.
The cost of the visa on arrival is N$1200 or about USD 81, depending on exchange rate. Please note that the payment must be done in Namibia!
Kindly note that the visa on arrival for selected countries is meant for tourist/visitors only. For any other purpose, please submit your application with all relevant documentation to the relevant office.
VISA at the Airport
Citizens of the following countries and territories can now obtain a VISA ON ARRIVAL at Hosea Kutako International Airport for up to 90 days:
Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Slovakia.
Attention Czech Nationals : Kindly note that the Namibian Embassy in Berlin, Germany is responsible for bilateral relation with the Czech Republic. Tel: +49 30 254 0950 , www.namibia-botschaft.de
|Visa at the Embassy – Requirements for TOURIST/ BUSINESS/ TRANSIT/ ENTRY VISAS:|
Submission and collection procedure:
Processing Time: 7 working days , Express Service: 3 working days
All correspondence and documents should be in english only!
Please complete ALL sections of the application form and sign it. Be sure to enclose ALL required documentation and fees. Incomplete (or incorrect) information or missing documentation (and/or fees) will result in a delay in the processing of your application!
Dear applicants: you are kindly advised to check your visa before departure to ensure that the purpose, period and number of entries are correct.
|VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR HOLDERS OF DIPLOMATIC, OFFICIAL PASSPORTS|
|VISA ( max. 90 days per annum)||FEES|
TOURIST Single Entry Visa
TOURIST Multiple Entry Visa
|BUSINESS Single Entry Visa||
BUSINESS Multiple Entry Visa
|Transit Visa||€ 50.00|
|NB: Visa fee is non-refundable|
NEW – Transfers and Payments in the EU
According to the new EU Directive 2015/2366 (Payment Service Directive 2/PSD2), the bank will introduce a new payment system on 13.1.2018. The most relevant changes are that ‘Shared Fees’ (SHARE) are obligatory between payer and beneficiary in the European Economic Area (EEA), in particular for foreign currency transactions.
Applicants should therefore make EURO TO EURO transfers only, since banks charge the same as domestic transfers, carrying no additional charges.
Cash deposits into the Embassy account in Austrian Bank Austria Branches can only be made upon presenting a Bank Austria Card.
Please indicate on transfer:
1. NAME of Applicant’s / Travel Agent
2. TYPE of Visa ( Single/Multiple , Tourist/Business etc)
3. COUNTRY of Applicant’s
If several people are travelling together payment can be done on ONE PAYMENT transfer.
Bank account details are as follows:
Embassy of the Republic of Namibia
Unicredit Bank Austria AG
IBAN: AT 07 1100 0032 7021 9300
SWIFT /BIC CODE: BKAUATWW
(All bank charges should be borne by the applicant)
Please ensure that you have all the required documents before making the deposit, as NO REFUNDS can be given. The applicant should submit the receipt wit their Application forms.
Zuckerkandlgasse 2, 1190 Vienna, Austria
Tel: +43 1 402 9371 , E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening Hours: Monday – Thursday: 09:30 – 12:45, Friday: CLOSED
Attention Czech Nationals: kindly note that the Namibian Embassy in Berlin, Germany will henceforth be responsible for bilateral relation with the Czech Republic. The Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Vienna, Austria will therefore cease to issue visas to Czech Nationals after April 2017. All Namibian Nationals seeking consular services are also advised to contact the Namibian Embassy in Berlin, Germany as of April.2017 Tel: +49 30 254 0950 , email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org , www.namibia-botschaft.de
Kindly note that the Czech Republic will be covered from the Namibia Embassy in Berlin as of 01 April 2017. All Namibian Nationals residing in Czech Republic and seeking consular services are advised to contact the Namibian Embassy in Berlin, Germany as of 01 April 2017 Tel: +49 30 254 0950 , website: www.namibia-botschaft.de
- Particulars of Namibian Students Studying in Foreign Countries
- Declaration of Loss of Passport / Other Travel Documents
- Application for Emergency Travel Certificate
- Requirements for New Passport
- Application for Late Registration of Birth
- Application for Registration of Birth in Terms of the Namibian Citizenship Act, 1990
- Birth Certificate / Citizenship for Namibians born outside Namibia
- Application for Duplicate / Full Birth Certificate
Namibian Nationals DO NOT require Visas when traveling to the Countries that are listed below for periods shorter than 3 months:
FEE STRUCTURE FOR ISSUING VARIOUS NATIONAL DOCUMENTS
|Application for new Namibian Passport||€ 40.00|
|Replacement of lost/damaged/stolen passport||€ 100.00|
|Emergency Travelling Document||€ 30.00|
|Replacement of lost/damaged/stolen emergency Travelling Document||€ 35.00|
|Citizenship Certificate by descent: New||€ 35.00|
|Citizenship Certificate by descent: Duplicate||€ 35.00|
|Issuing of new birth/ marriage certificates||€ 25.00|
|Issuing of duplicate Full Birth Certificate||€ 25.00|
|Issuing of duplicate Marriage Certificate||€ 25.00|
|Restoration of Namibian Citizenship||€ 100.00|
|Renunciation of Namibian Citizenship||€ 100.00|
|Issuing of Duplicate Identity Card (incremental for every duplicate)||€ 30.00|
|Police Clearance Certificate||€ 25.00|
|Application for changing a surname||€ 25.00|
|Authentication of Namibian Documents||€ 25.00|
A standard postage fee of €25 is applicable on all Consular service fees, when it is required for documents to be sent to Namibia.
DO I NEED A VISA ?
A permit is required for travelling for the following purposes:
Media Accreditation * Study * Work * Temporary Residency * Permanent Residency
VISA REQUIREMENTS read more…
Travelling with CHILDREN under the age of 18 should in addition to their passports, carry unabridged (full) birth certificate read more… The embassy recommends that letters of consent referred to in paragraph 3 be authenticated.
VISA ON ARRIVAL: citizens of the following countries and territories can now obtain a VISA ON ARRIVAL (to be paid in Namibia) at Hosea Kutako International Airport for up to 90 days:
- Czech Republic
CZECH citizens: kindly note that the Namibian Embassy in Berlin, Germany will henceforth be responsible for bilateral relation with the Czech Republic. Tel: +49 30 254 0950 , email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org , www.namibia-botschaft.de The Embassy of the Republic of Namibia in Vienna, Austria will therefore cease to issue visas to Czech Nationals after April 2017.
VACCINATION requirement for travelers to and from Namibia: all travelers from the countries listed are required to have up to date vaccination status and should update their Yellow Fever vaccination 10 days in advance before traveling to the Republic of Namibia and must carry their vaccination cards along. The immigration officers will be required to check all travelers having their required documents. Please note that Namibia is not a Yellow Fever endemic country. No Single case has ever been reported. List of Yellow Fever Endemic Zone.pdf
VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR HOLDERS OF DIPLOMATIC, OFFICIAL PASSPORTS [PDF]
1. Completed Visa application form (PDF)
2. Valid passport with at least 6 months validity from the date of entry and at least 3 or more blank pages (passport must accompany the application)
3. Two (2) colour passport photograph
4. An official letter from the applicant’s Diplomatic Mission/Organisation. This “Note Verbale” should state the full identity of the visa applicant and the grounds for him/her holding a diplomatic /official passport (position within the diplomatic Mission or family links with an official), the full details of the travel document , and finally the purposes and dates of the stay in Namibia
5. Visa is issued at no cost
- Staff members of the UN travelling on UN Laisser Passer ( UNLP), and all types of UN passport (light blue/Red) holders are EXEMPT from Visa requirements when travelling to the Republic of Namibia on official business.
- Diplomats and their dependants coming from countries that are exempted from visa requirements need NOT apply for visa from the Namibian Missions abroad.
- Application for Visa (Tourist, Business, Official, Diplomatic, Courtesy)
- Clarification on Policy on Bringing Firearms into Namibia
- Application for Veterinary Import Permit for Animals /Animal Products into Namibia
- Application for Media Accreditation
- Permission to Film in Namibia
- Application for Research/Study Permit
- Application for Temporary Work Permit
- Application for Employment
- Application Form
- Application for Namibian Citizenship by Naturalization
- Application for Namibian Citizenship